If your Epson printer is displaying the “Offline” error message it means there is a communication issue between your computer and the printer.
Now, you might be thinking “Why is my Epson Printer Offline“. The problem can be caused by several factors including wireless or network issues, problems with your Epson software installation, or issues with printer settings.
Things that you need to check if your Epson printer is offline:
- The first thing that you need to check is if there is an error message on your computer screen or not.
- After that, if you find any error message on the screen, just check out what it says. It will give you ideas about what has actually caused the issue and how to resolve it.
- If you do not find any error message, then simply check out if there is any paper jammed inside the printer or not. Sometimes, this might also lead to an offline error in printers.
- The status of your printer driver
- Printer cable connection
- Bidirectional communication between the computer and the printer is enable
- Don’t forget to check the settings of your Epson printer and fix the incorrect settings to get an error-free printing operation.
- Make sure you have the latest & most updated drivers installed on your Epson printer. Sometimes outdated drivers lead your Epson printer towards the offline error.
Also Read: Epson Printer Not Connecting With Mac or iOS
Fix Your Epson Printer Offline Problem. Let us have a look at these steps.
Check for the following things:
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the system properly. Also, check whether it is properly connected to the power outlet or not.
- It is possible that your printer is switched off. So check if it is turned on or not.
- Make sure that you are using a compatible cartridge for your printer. Otherwise, it will not function properly and may show an offline error message on your screen.
- It’s also possible that there may be something wrong with the network connection of the printer. So, check if you have an active working internet connection or not.
- Sometimes, due to some technical issues, you can get this error message on your screen while printing a document. In that case, you need to restart your Epson printer as well as the computer system and reconnect them again to fix this issue.
Checking the connection:
In case your device is connected with a cable, then check if the cable is properly connected or not. Also, check if there are any loose wires or cables that are creating problems. Then ensure that no other device is using the same port to which your printer is connected.
If your printer is connected wirelessly, then make sure that your printer and computer are connected with the same router or network.
Checking the drivers:
Make sure that proper drivers are installed on your computer system for your Epson Printer model. You need to check whether the printer drivers are outdated or not and update them in case they are outdated.
Also, make sure that you have downloaded only genuine drivers from an official site so that your system does not get affected in any way.
Epson printer offline is an issue faced by many users. So, if you are one of them who is facing the same issue again, don’t worry. Here we will be discussing the causes and solutions of the Epson printer offline issue on Mac.
Causes of Why my Epson printer is offline on mac:
Paper jamming: Paper jamming is one of the main causes of this issue, and if you are facing this issue due to paper jamming, then you have to check it out to fix this issue.
No internet connectivity: Sometimes your Epson printer shows offline on mac due to no internet connectivity. If you have faced this issue due to no internet connectivity, then try to connect your Epson printer with the internet again to fix this issue.
The ink cartridge has run out: The ink cartridge may run out due to which your Epson printer turns offline on mac. If you think about out of ink cartridge as a cause for turning off your Epson printer, then check out the ink meter and replace your empty cartridge if necessary.
The printer is not set as default
The connection between computer and printer has been lost
The print queue is full or paused
The printer’s driver has become outdated or corrupted
Epson Printer is Offline on Mac? Steps to fix them
Check connection:- The first thing you should check to fix the Epson printer offline Mac issue is the connection between your Mac and Printer. If you find that there is any problem with the connection, then check the cable and reconnect it properly. You should also verify the wireless connection of your printer. If you are using a wireless printer, then make sure that it is connect to the network properly.
Restart:- The second thing you should do to fix the Epson printer offline Mac issue is restarts both devices which is your Mac and Printer. Restarting devices will help you to remove all kinds of temporary issues which may cause communication loss between two devices. To restart the printer, unplug the power cord from its rear side and wait for some time. After 5-10 minutes plug in the power cord back again into its wall socket and turn on your printer again.
Check Network:- The third thing you should check to fix the Epson printer offline issue on Mac is the network connection on both devices which is your Mac and Printer. If you have a wireless network, then make sure that it has good speed and is not interrupt by anything else. If you find that there
Our Epson printer offline team uses advanced techniques to optimize the performance of your printer.
Thanks for taking your valuable time. We hope this Epson printer offline fix guide has been helpful.