Big Data refers to the collection of large and complex data sets. It consists of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data that is of no use for a business until it is properly organized and filtered. Now coming to Hadoop is an open-source software solution that helps in managing, processing, and storing these big data sets. In addition, it is capable of dealing with various data types thus, making this framework an ideal solution for big data environments. To further know about its functionality and workings, one can visit Big Data Hadoop Online Training.
Core Modules Of Hadoop
- Hadoop Common- Hadoop Common is the collection of common utilities and libraries that are used by other modules of Hadoop. In addition, these common utilities are just java scripts used by other modules.
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)- This module is responsible for dealing with the big data sets that are currently running on commodity hardware.
- Yet Another Resource Negotiator (YARN)- It is a platform for running any distributed application. In addition, it provides resource management for the processes.
- MapReduce- This is a parallel processing software framework that helps in easily writing applications that process vast amounts of data.
Importance Of Hadoop
To begin with, this framework is capable of storing and processing huge amounts of data. In addition, it comes with a high-level computing power that helps in processing the big data sets real quick. Providing fault tolerance is another significant characteristic of his solution that facilitates the protection of data and applications. Moreover, it stores multiple copies of data and information in different nodes. Apart from it, given below are some of the reasons why Hadoop is important.
- It ensures Scalability- With the help of Hadoop, a system can handle a large amount of data just by adding extra nodes and increasing the capacity of the hardware.
- Low Cost- This is an open-source software framework that uses commodity hardware for data storage. Thus, making it a low-cost solution.
- Ensures Flexibility- It is flexible and allows a user to store any kind of raw data such as structured, unstructured, or semi-structured without processing it first.
- Sandbox Approach- This tool can execute analytical algorithms and help an organization operate more efficiently and find new opportunities.
Is Hadoop A Good Career Option?
Yes, Hadoop is a field with great career opportunities and more and more companies are gradually shifting towards it. Above all, data management is the need of today, and managing large amounts of unprocessed data is the necessity of companies. In addition, Hadoop is just not a data storing framework, it provides a wide range of umbrella-related technologies. These reasons make this framework, one of the most promising careers in today’s era. Moreover, there are several educational institutions that provide Big Data Hadoop Training in Delhi and one can enrol in them to start a career in this field. Given below are some of the job titles available for skilled professionals in Hadoop.
- Hadoop Architect
- Hadoop Developer
- Data Scientists
- Hadoop Administrator
- Data Engineer