When you speak, you are really lively; Because being on stage activates all your senses. You smell the scent of success as you speak. You also taste anxiety and worry in your heart.
Prepare sensory aids for use in speech:
You need to use all your attention to create exciting and memorable experiences for your audience. Proper use of sensory aids will give you and your audience a lively speech.
Must use sensory aids
The audience will see you and all the visual aids used during the speech. The audience should look at you throughout the speech. Therefore, you should keep their attention and enthusiasm by observing the following:
Dress in a way that suits your personality. For example, can you imagine Steve Jobs lecturing in a suit and tie?
Wear colors that are appropriate to the context and environment of the talk and appeal to the audience.
Demonstrate self-confidence through body language and gestures.
For example, Steve Jobs was still in control even when talking about the “flaws” of the iPhone 4, and for a moment, he did not lose his self-confidence.
Use gestures that are consistent with your message.
To display the text visually, you should pay attention to the following points:
- The text should be read from right to left and from top to bottom;
- The indentation at the beginning of the paragraph and the spacing between the lines should be appropriate;
- Finish sentences or paragraphs on the same page as shown, and avoid displaying incomplete sentences and paragraphs on the same page.
- According to recent research, the following five factors are important in evaluating text quality:
Gossip: Give the least necessary explanation.
- Transition Phrases: To facilitate the flow of ideas, use appropriate transition expressions as you move from one topic to another.
- Transparency: Use language that is understandable to the target audience and define specialized terms inappropriate vocabulary.
- Reading level: Note that the reading level of the content is proportional to the learning level of the audience.
- Edit: Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
The video display is a great way to get the audience’s attention; But sometimes it also distracts the audience from more important information. Here are some helpful suggestions for using video: Wondershare Filmora X 11.1 Portable is best for editing videos. Prepare sensory aids for use in speech.
- Use video to emphasize important information.
- Notice where the video is shown.
- Video duration must be appropriate.
- You need to have control over the video and be able to easily hold, pause, or repeat during playback.
Your voice can also act as a sensory aid in speech. To increase the effectiveness of your voice you should:
- Variety in your tone;
- Speak loud and clear;
- Pronounce and pronounce the words correctly and appropriately.
- If you use a voice other than your own:
If possible, use that sound as a distraction;
Use high-quality sound.
5. Graphics and animations:
Utilizing graphics and moving images (animation) will improve your speech. Useful suggestions for using graphics and dynamic images are: Prepare sensory aids for use in speech.
- The graphics used should be consistent throughout the speech.
- Sometimes it is better to use fewer graphics and moving images.
- Consider whether it is necessary to use a real image.
- Display both text and graphics at the same time. The Internet download manager is best for fast downloading.
Do not use sensory aids:
Using visual aids in a speech helps people to remember more what is being said. But we must use sensory assistance in the right way. If sensory aids are misused, the audience’s attention to the content will be reduced or their senses will be distracted from the main points of the speech.
1. Visual errors:
According to the famous psychologist Albert Mehrabian, 55% of the information that people absorb during each speech is visual and 38% of the information is audio; Only 7. Points are conveyed to the audience through text. Of course, just adding a few visual aids to a speech is not the answer. In using visual aids, people often make the following mistakes. Color Efex Pro 4 is attractive for your photos.
A. Extreme use of Bullet Point:
According to research from UCLA, a visual presentation is five times more memorable after 3 days than a presentation using a bullet point.
B. Emotional images (Corny Images):
In these images, the actors usually show emotions such as surprise or joy. The problem is that these images may seem very emotional and artificial. In addition, if these photos are from a few years ago, their style and appearance may seem very old.
P. Using clip art:
The clip art period is over. In the past, computers had fewer capabilities, and speakers had to use small speech files to fit on a floppy disk. But today, clip art looks very old compared to color photography.
T. Small and low-quality images:
In general, these images are obtained from web pages and then enlarged. These photos are saved as small files for faster uploading, so they are not of good quality when we enlarge them.