The QuickBooks software program lets users perform various business and accounting functions with ease. You can work on your company data, process payroll, calculate taxes, and so on. But sometimes, while operating the application, issues and glitches can occur that prevent users from performing the functions. One such error is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error that can occur out of the blue and disrupt the functioning of the program. This error mostly occurs due to issues with the QB files or the program itself. If you are getting an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks, you can follow the steps given in this article to resolve the error effectively.
If you are having difficulty performing the steps or resolving the error on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get professional assistance from our QuickBooks support team.
An Overview of the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The unrecoverable error in QuickBooks can occur while opening a QuickBooks file or while running the program and is accompanied by an error message stating that QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. The error indicates that the accounting software has experienced some crucial application faults. The error can also pop up while saving or importing a transaction or while creating a file backup.
Possible Reasons for the Unrecoverable Error Code in QB Desktop
The QB unrecoverable error code can occur due to the following factors –
- Crucial QuickBooks components are either damaged or corrupted.
- Your PC is having issues that might be a bug or a virus infection.
- Power outages are affecting the QuickBooks files causing damage.
- There are some network issues or a blip while running the QB application.
- There is damage to your program data or data integrity issues that are leading to the unrecoverable error code.
Early Signs and Symptoms of the QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error
The common symptoms for the unrecoverable error code in QuickBooks are –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop starts crashing or closes unexpectedly.
- Ongoing update processes freeze up or close without completion.
- You are unable to save the transactions in the company file.
- You won’t be able to see new updates for your QB program.
- Other Windows programs might start experiencing slow performance or become sluggish.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
How to Address the Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks with Easy Steps?
The QB error code can be effectively resolved by following the solutions provided above –
Solution 1 –Suppress QB Desktop while Opening the Program and the Company File
Suppressing the QB Desktop can prevent unnecessary files and tabs from opening and causing chaos.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key while double-tapping the QB Desktop icon and wait for the No Company Open window to appear.
- Once the window appears, choose the desired company file and select Open to access it.
- If you are prompted to enter the login details, release the Alt key and enter your login credentials.
- Now, hold the Alt key till the company file opens and hit OK to finish the process.
Solution 2 – Change the Preferences while Printing your Transactions and Forms
If you are getting an unrecoverable error while printing the transactions, you need to edit the preferences to eliminate the issue.
- From the Edit menu, go to the Preferences tab and search for Company Preferences.
- Click on Clear the Saved Transactions and check the Printing check box, followed by hitting OK.
- Now, run QuickBooks and perform the printing function again to see if the error code is removed.
Solution 3 – Login as a Windows Admin and Run the Reboot File
Firstly, you need to run QuickBooks as an admin by right-clicking the QB icon and selecting the Run as Admin option. Once you are logged in as an admin, run the reboot.bat file in the following manner –
- Follow this path to find the Reboot.bat file – C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Intuit\ [Your QuickBooks version].
- Right-click the Reboot.bat file to access it as an admin, and run the file to see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 4 – Use the Quick Fix my Program Utility by Activating the QB Tool Hub
If there are issues with your QuickBooks program, they can be fixed by using the tool utility from the tool hub.
- Download and save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file at an accessible location and follow the on-screen instructions to install the utility.
- Double-click on the tool escort hub icon to access it and go to the Program Problems tab to activate the quick fix tool.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program tool to identify and fix the program issues, and once the tool stops running, rerun QuickBooks to see if the unrecoverable error code is terminated.
Solution 5 – Change the Browser Preference for your PDF Files from the Start Menu
If you use PDF files while working on QuickBooks and the error code occurs, you can try changing the browser preferences.
- Go to the Windows Start menu and select the All Programs tab to see the programs list for selecting the Adobe Reader.
- If you have an older Adobe release, you need to upgrade it before performing this step.
- Choose the Edit and Preferences tab and go to the Preferences window to select Internet Options.
- Click on the Clear the display PDF in browser preference from the Web Browser section and hit OK to conclude the process.
Solution 6 – Install the Latest Updates and Upgrade your QuickBooks to the Recent Version
A lot of the minor errors and glitches can be resolved by updating QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Open QuickBooks as a Windows admin user and hit the Ctrl key to activate the No Company Open window.
- Go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select the Options tab to click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Choose the Mark All option and select Reset Updates from the Update Now tab.
- Select Get Updates to finish the downloading process and re-launch QuickBooks to select Install Now and install the new version.
- Lastly, check the status of the QuickBooks unrecoverable error code and see if it is dismissed.
Solution 7 – Open a Sample Company File and Move the File to a New Location
You can open a sample company file from the No Company Open window and see if the issue is with your QB company file or the file folder. Next, move the company file in the following manner –
- Right-click on your Desktop and click on New to create a new folder named QBTEST.
- Now, right-click on your company file and select Copy to move the file to the newly created folder.
- Access the company file from the new location, and if you are able to, there are issues with your original file folder that need to be fixed by renaming it.
QuickBooks unrecoverable error can occur due to program or file issues which can be rectified by following the right set of steps. Go through the solutions given in this article, and if the error code persists, you might need advanced troubleshooting. You can call the technical support team at 1.855.738.2784 to assistance in fixing the issue.
Related Search Terms : Unrecoverable error in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Enterprise unrecoverable error, Fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error, QuickBooks unrecoverable error when exporting to excel, QuickBooks Desktop unrecoverable error
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Download problem