Arlo cameras are known for their best security and surveillance. With the Arlo camera, you can keep an eye on your place even when you are not there, just with the help of a smart device and internet connectivity.
But sometimes users may face the issue of an offline camera when they want to monitor the camera and want to see a live streaming video.
Arlo camera offline is a very common problem that Arlo users face. And it is a very frustrating situation when you are not able to access your Arlo camera from the app or web page. If you are also facing this problem, then do not worry as we have got your back. In this guide, you will get to know how to fix the Arlo Camera Offline issue easily. You just need to follow the solutions given below and you will be able to fix the issue on your own.
Before knowing the causes and how to troubleshoot the issue, you can try and Setup Arlo Camera. These steps have helped some of the users in the past to fix the Arlo offline issue.
Follow these steps to connect your Arlo camera:
Downloading and installing the app:
You need to download and install the Arlo app for your phone or tablet before you set up your Arlo camera. For that, you need to visit Google Playstore or Apple App Store from your phone and search for “Arlo” in the search field. Tap on “Arlo” from the found results and then tap on “Install”. You will be able to see the progress of the download in your notification area on top of your screen. Once the app gets install, go to “My Apps or Games” in Playstore or App Store and tap on “Open” next to “Arlo”. You will see a shortcut to this app on your home screen once you open it successfully.
Install the batteries in your camera and insert the camera into its base station.
Connect the base station to your router using an Ethernet cable.
Connect the power adapter to the base station and plug it into a power outlet.
Turn on your base station.
After your base station is connected successfully, press the Sync button on top of it for two seconds and release it. The LED light blinks amber once, then glows solid green to indicate that the sync process is complete.
If it is not working, then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Reasons For Arlo Camera Offline
There are so many issues that can be faced by the user while using the Arlo camera and one of them is the Arlo Camera Offline. This problem can be caused due to several reasons. Some of the reasons that can lead to this issue are as follows:
1) The first most common reason is that your camera’s batteries are discharged.
2) The second most common reason is that you might have inadvertently set up the wrong date and time on your Arlo camera.
3) The third most common cause of Arlo camera offline issues is that you are using an old firmware version on your device. Sometimes, firmware updates can also cause issues with an Arlo camera. If you have recently installed a firmware update and noticed that your Arlo camera is offline, then try to reset it to factory defaults and then check if you are able to access it again.
4) The fourth most common cause of Arlo camera offline issues is that there may be a power issue with your device.
5) The fifth most common cause of Arlo camera offline issues is due to connectivity issues with your router or gateway. If your internet connection is slow, then it can cause connectivity issues with your Arlo camera. So, check if there are any issues with the Wi-Fi signal strength at home. Also, make sure that there are no other obstructions in the range of the router and that it is placed in such a manner that you get optimal signal strength throughout the house.
You can easily fix the issue by following certain steps. Go through this article and know how you can easily fix the issue.
If you are looking for the best ways to fix the Arlo Camera Offline Issue. Then, don’t worry. Because here we will discuss the best ways to fix the Arlo Camera Offline Issue. So, follow the given below steps and get rid of this issue in no time.
Arlo Read: Arlo Login Issue
Troubleshooting Steps to Solve Arlo Camera Offline Error
Step 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you should do is inspect your internet connection. If your router is down or you have a poor Wi-Fi connection, then you should restart your router and wait for a few minutes. After that, if you still have the same problem then you can try other solutions.
Step 2: Turn On & Off Your Camera
Another simple solution is that you should turn on & off your camera and check if it resolves the issue or not. If it still doesn’t work then move to the next solution.
Step 3: Check Your Camera Power Supply
Now, you should check your camera power supply and ensure that it is working properly or not. If there is an issue with your camera power supply then contact Arlo Support to fix this issue. But if everything looks normal then move to the next solution.
Step 4: Reboot Your Router
There are many times when the router stops working properly or the internet speed gets slow. Therefore, you should reboot your router at regular intervals to get rid of the Arlo Camera Offline issue.
Step 5: Update Firmware Version
Many times Arlo Camera users face offline issues because of outdated firmware versions. When the firmware version gets updated, all the bugs and errors get fixed automatically and it works smoothly without any error**
In The Conclusion
Hopefully, we were able to help you resolve the Arlo camera offline error. If you want to know about any other configurations and settings on the Arlo system, we can be of service for this. Please leave a comment below telling us regarding your Arlo questions and queries. We will try our best to address them.
Thank you for being with us till last, we will always provide the best solutions to you.[Read more..]