Keeping your Floors clean is just as much important as keeping yourself clean. All floors should be taken proper care of to increase their lifespan and keep them well maintained. Just like any other floors, epoxy floors are also meant to be cleaned and maintained for prolonged durability. But the good thing about epoxy floors is that maslak escort they are very easy to clean and maintain. They are super smooth so it makes it easier to keep them clean and in well-maintained condition. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss epoxy floor maintenance tips.
An unmaintained epoxy floor is not going to look good at all. Also, not maintaining your epoxy floors properly will reduce their lifespan and you will not be able to properly enjoy the beauty and comfort of a clean and smooth epoxy floor.
One of the major features of epoxy floors is their beauty and if we fail to keep them clean and well maintained, it all goes in vain. Also, epoxy floors are highly durable but without proper care, they might not keep up for as long as they are intended. Unattended chemical spills and stains will deteriorate the floor over time leading to several spots and stains on the floor. Also, the unmaintained epoxy garage floor will have tire marks and oil spillages all over the floor. But there is nothing to worry about, cleaning and maintaining an epoxy floor has never been easier than now. There are several Epoxy floor maintenance tips to keep your epoxy floors clean and well maintained. They are as follows:
Sweeping your floor daily
- One of the easiest ways to keep your home clean is to properly sweep your floors. Just like other floors, epoxy floors are also meant to be swept with a broom on a regular basis. This helps in removing and cleaning excess dirt and dust on the surface. If left for too long, the dust will pile up and the surface will not look clean. So, make sure to properly sweep the floor on a daily basis.
- You do not need to mop your floors daily. Moping every once in a while is enough to keep your epoxy floor in a good condition. Nicely moping with water will clean the surface better than just sweeping with a broom. Properly Moping will ensure the dirt is cleaned properly. An epoxy garage floor should be mopped more often because the tires of the vehicles carry mud on a daily basis and also there are other spillages on the garage floor. So, make sure to mop your floors regularly.
Wiping off the Spillage
- You should take care of spillage as soon as you see them. If any spillage is left for too long, it may cause an ugly stain on the floor. Bright-colored shiny epoxy floors with an ugly stained spot don’t look very nice. So make sure to clean the oil and grease spillage as soon as possible to avoid getting stained. Use a wet cloth and clean the spillage.
Treating Stains properly
- If somehow there is a stain on the epoxy surface, clean them properly. Liquid chemical spills can be easily cleaned as epoxy floors are very much resistant to water. Use a towel to clean the stain easily. For stronger stains, do not use soap or detergent as they may leave a haze on the floor which may build up over time. Simply use hot water with a good mopping stick or a nice scrubber and scrub/mop the surface properly. This should do the trick and help you to get rid of the stain. Stains are to be avoided at any cost as they make the floor look bad.
Keeping off sharp objects from the surface
- Sharp objects are dangerous to anyone in general. The same goes for epoxy floors, though they are resistant to scratches, extra heavy or sharp objects can make a scratch over time. Very heavy and sharp objects when they fall directly on the epoxy floor may lead to poking a hole in the epoxy floor. So, if possible, do not use sharp objects around the epoxy floor. Even if you have to use them, make sure to use them very carefully.
Doing these things on your epoxy floors will help to keep them in proper shape for a long duration of time. These are the ultimate epoxy floor maintenance tips. I am sure this must have helped you in keeping your epoxy floors in proper condition. Properly maintaining epoxy floors will increase their lifetime and also help to increase the property value of your home. A clean and well-maintained epoxy floor will look shiny and smooth all the time.
Thank you for your time and for reading this article. Please leave a comment down below regarding any queries/suggestions.
Also, please check out the article on how to prevent water seepage in walls