When an air conditioner malfunctions, it may be pretty inconvenient, especially when humidity levels are at an all-time high. When an air conditioner isn’t maintained, it uses more energy and doesn’t work as efficiently as it should.
It is where proper air conditioner maintenance and timely servicing come into play. To avoid a situation like this, you must be proactive in caring for your air conditioners at home. Following are the tricks or steps to maintain your air conditioner (AC).
5 Simple tricks to maintain your air conditioner at home
- Clean /replace the air filter at least once a month
- Clean the Coils & Inspect the Fins
- Inspect that the condenser unit’s fan is running smoothly.
- Investigate the condensate Drain.
- Continue to carry out professional maintenance or split ac servicing regularly.
1. Clean /replace the air conditioner filter at least once a month.
1. Air Filters functions: Air filters in air conditioners prevent dirt and dust particles from entering your room.
2. How to clean/replace: cleaning air filters at home is simple; use a regular water pipe or plain water and wash it.
3. Why clean Air filters: If your air filter is dirty, it will put a lot of pressure on your air conditioner, and also affect the air quality in your room. Users should clean their air filters regularly.
2. Clean the air conditioner Coils & Inspect the Fins
1. Coils & Fins functions:
The refrigerant absorbs heat and cools the room with the help of air conditioning coils. A condenser and an evaporator have fins, they provide sufficient airflow.
2. How to clean/replace Coil:
Coils: Don’t try to clean coils at home, as the coils are sharp and dangerous to touch. Call the Professionals, they should do this during routine maintenance.
Fins: Check the fins for bent and are still performing correctly. If you discover your fins are bending, you can use a fin comb to fix the problem or hire a professional air conditioning technician. Or buy fin comb form shop.
3. Why clean the coils & inspect the fins: Clean the coil to absorb the heat and help AC cool the room. And insect fins regularly to prevent blocking of airflow.
3. Inspect that the condenser unit’s fan is running smoothly
1. Condenser unit’s fan function: The condenser unit fan is critical to the AC’s operation because it cools the refrigerant gas.
2. How to inspect: if you hear a strange noise emanating from your air conditioner, Then, you must immediately contact skilled experts to inspect the motor for heaviness or any chips or cracks in the blades.
3. WHY inspect: The AC will no longer cool the room if the Condenser unit’s fan isn’t working properly
4. Investigate the condensate Drain.
1. Condensate Drain Function: Condensation in the system is controlled by a condensate drain.
2. How to Inspect: If you observe that the water is not draining properly, submit a service request to have an Ac Repair in Guwahati professional come out and look at it.
3. Why inspect: If the condensate drain becomes plugged, drainage will be halted.
5. Continue to carry out professional maintenance regularly.
To avoid equipment failure, reduce your electric bills, and improve your air conditioner’s operational effectiveness, get maintenance regularly from professional experts. They can inspect and troubleshoot any problems your machine may have.
They ensure that you and your family enjoy the highest degree of comfort when it comes to air conditioning at home.
Hence maintain your air conditioning on regular basis.